Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just Cre8 Challenge

So, I scrapped a layout from a challenge from Just Cre8 and it was really fun and made me think.

The challenge was to use a famous ad slogan on your layout. Interesting. Not my usual journaling style, but it's good to try something new, right?

I liked the challenge. It was interesting thinking of different slogans and what the mean or could mean.
I chose "Where do you want to go today?" a slogan from a Microsoft ad because of the free-spirited nature of our recent travels.



But then, I went too far. Have you ever gone too far with a layout?

I finished a layout and then I found some other embellishments that I thought would be perfect, and... I went too far.

I started doodling and playing while I was only half paying attention and I kind of screwed it up.

Here's a look at it after:


Hmmmm.... I like the ink on the flower, but....

Oh well, it was fun and I still like it, but I liked the cleaner look better.

1 comment:

Lisamariemlt said...

great layouts
I love seeing your new post
you must have had such an amazing trip
can't wait to see more of your work

thought of you when I saw thishttp://hdscrapbooking.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,510.0.html
there is a contest here and well
have a look
maybe register
and post some thoughts
also
here's another site that is looking for CT digi designers
wondering if you want to be involved
head over and see it it's for you

http://www.treasurestoscrap.com/index.asp
hugs
keep smiling
me