Friday, June 25, 2010

Sick Girl, Summer and A Recipe

Gracie Girl is a sick little puppy today. Poor girl has a super runny nose, which is making my house all slimy and disgusting and very, very germy. She's sleeping right now, so hopefully that makes her feel a little better and gives me some time to run around and bleach EVERYTHING.

I decided to stay home from strollercise because it falls during her nap time and she doesn't sleep as well in her stroller so we went for a run this morning instead. (Must get back into the routine after a week of chocolate pie and fresh baked bread and haystacks and who remembers what else at the farm.... It's all a carbohydrate haze, to tell the truth). It's so beautiful out, I actually don't even mind running. The grass is green, there was a bit of a breeze, no bugs and the sun was out. Ahhhh, summer is here at last.

Just thought I'd share a simple, summery recipe I tried last night that was delicious.

Fettucine with Charred Grape Tomato-Basil Marinara

Toss a pint (one of those small, square plastic containers) of grape tomatoes onto a cookie sheet with 3 shallots sliced thin, a tbsp. of minced garlic and a drizzling of olive oil. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook 1/2 lb. of fettucine to al dente. Once done, divide it into three bowls, top with the tomato mixture, a sprinkling of fresh, finely chopped basil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. It's yummy, simple, and fast, three things I love in a meal. Even better, I can get a lot of the ingredients right of my deck! Another reason to love summer: fresh, homegrown produce.

Hope you like!

No comments: