Monday, October 04, 2010

CJ and Mallery's wedding

We made a fast trip to Regina for Brad's brother's wedding two weekend's ago and had a crazy hectic, but fun trip.

The wedding was beautiful, bride and groom were happy and looked amazing, the food was good, the speeches were good, the music was great, all in all, a fun, happy day!

Gracie flew like a trooper. She missed sleep and had a complete curveball thrown at her schedule, but did fantastic. She went back and forth between flirting with the flight attendants and sleeping both there and back, so we could just relax and enjoy the trip.

She rarely falls asleep in our arms anymore, so we both got a taste of holding a sleeping baby, too, which we agreed is the most serene thing in the world.

Of course, I have no pictures(what's wrong with me??) but I took a video of Brad bouncing Gracie on our bed in the hotel which is kinda cute.



After the wedding ceremony, I tried to put her down for a nap in the hotel room, but it was late for a nap, and she slept on the plane and napped in the morning, so it didn't work all that well.

I set her in the playpen and walked around a corner so she couldn't see me, and she layed there for a minute and then jumped up and said,

"Mom!"

then "mom?"

then "ma?"

Then she sat down and was quiet for a minute and said,

"Dad?"

I almost fell over laughing, but I wasn't ready to give up so I pushed her aquarium towards her which plays ocean sounds. She popped up again and looked at the aquarium, like "where's that come from?" and then sat down again and pushed her face out through the mesh in her playpen and looked around suspiciously.

She kept popping up and down and playing with lambie until I gave in and let her get up.

No comments: