Friday, December 17, 2010

Kaisercraft Goodies

I love the direction Kaisercraft is heading in, lately. They have such beautiful papers and embellishments, it makes me drool a little every time I get near their displays in scrapbooking stores.

Here are a few projects I've done using a few of their newer lines.

Smitten is one of my favourite layouts I've done lately. I like the elegant look. It's a bit of a departure from my usual baby-themed layouts, but of course, it still uses up my enormous stash of Gracie photos.



I needed to balance the layout because the large, flower element was so eye-catching, so I rolled back the edges of the papers to get just a hint of red on the second page and made sure to add lots of bling there as well.

I enjoyed using these papers so much, I used the leftovers to make this little card. The big flowers on the back of the paper were so eye-catching, so I fussy-cut one out and altered it a little to make my own, 3-dimensional blossom. I added some glossy accents to look like dew as well. The petals were curled around a pencil to give them more dimension. Just fun!



In Sweet Relief, I made my own thick alphas using my cricut. I simply cut five copies of each letter and glued them together, to get the dimension I wanted, with the freedom to create the font I wanted and use the paper that coordinated.



Whoo Loves U, uses my favourite paper by Kaisercraft. Owls are so cute, and they're everywhere now. I love the look of banners, so I had to throw one in, and do a little distressing, too.



And this is a wall hanging using a few scraps from other projects and a cheap-o IKEA frame. Perfect for my scrap room.

No comments: