Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Playing with Techniques

I came across some pictures from Christmas 2009 the other day and decided to scrap them.

I had fun with this layout. I played with my cricut alot, cutting out snowflakes, letters and a cute fairy silhouette. I added beads, used glitter pens, glimmer mist, glossy accents, vellum and anything else I could get my hands on to make everything look wintry and shimmery.



I just picked up some patterned paper when I was at The Urban Scrapbook the other day, manufactured by Fancy Pants Designs, that had this cute card on it (with the saying about fairytales coming true). When I saw it, it made me think of these pictures, and spurred on the whole layout.

I made a pocket for the card using my Scor-Pal to make the folds crisp, and my cricut to cut out the notch on the top.



You may not be able to tell from this picture, but I cut out this fairy twice. I wanted to highlight the wings, so I took the first copy and used some super-sticky double sided tape and added beads and glimmer mist to the wings.

I took the second fairy and doodled around the wing's cutouts with a shimmery pen and then topped it off with glossy accents.

I glued the body of the fairy together, just leaving the wings separate, so you could see the beads and shimmer through the cut outs and the wings looked more dimensional.

You may notice some glimmer mist on the pocket and the snowflakes as well. I was really into a shimmery look.



Here, I just cut out the word fairies using blue vellum, and then layered it over a slightly different shade of blue vellum and cut it out using decorative scissors. Then I traced the letters with my glimmer pen to make them standout.

It's a very simple layout, without much thought, but I felt like a kid again, just playing and remembering why I love to be crafty. Very fun!

Remember to go check out my layouts here to let the store know you like them!

No comments: