Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend's Over, Back to Reality

Such a good weekend, I almost don't mind that it's a Monday.

We cracked down and got the last of the unpacking done, so barring a bit of reorganizing and clean up, the house finally looks like a house. We also went out and bought a loveseat and a big, comfy chair for our upstairs living room, which are arriving sometime today. That should finish us of for furniture, which will be great. Now I can start decorating!

I think Brad has been waiting for this. We've walked through a few stores, and he kinda watches me through the corner of his eye as we walk through and pick up nothing. He even said the other day, "I'm kinda surprised you haven't come home with your arms full of bags of new toothbrush holders and pillows and stuff." Ahhh, just you wait. Now that I know what our house looks like without the boxes, it will begin.

And, I've found the perfect store to help me spend my money. Urban Barn. Have you been? Oooo, it's good. It's one of those places where you could pick up a whole room setting and say, "wrap this up, I want it all."

Will I be changing my shopping habits because of the economic downturn? No, I don't believe I will. I'll be doing my part to help the economy of Edmonton.

But don't worry, I didn't spend the whole weekend organizing or dream shopping, I did escape for a few hours with an old friend. She picked me up and drove me all over town to check out scrapbooking stores. I am in love. I now have visited 5 different scrapbooking stores within Edmonton. So much variety and neat supplies so nearby... could be dangerous. Maybe it won't be bags of pillows that I come home with...

We visited Treasured Memories, which is quite possibly my favourite, Scrap-A-Lot, which had great prices and tons of class projects for sale, and Urban Scrapbook, which had neat alterable items.

And, if you're interested in what these and other scrapbooking stores will be coming out with in a few months, here's a peak thanks to Memory Makers of what's in store for us.

Sneak peak

Plus, Allison Orthner is there and got an interview with Paris Hilton... can't wait to see it. I'll pass it on as soon as I can.

No comments: