Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Best Scrapbooking Tool I Ever Found

The best scrapbooking tool I ever found has made my life so much easier. I don't know what I did before.

The funny thing is that I didn't find it in a scrapbooking store or a craft store or even a store at all. It was just sitting on someone's front lawn.

No, I wasn't going through someone's garbage....well, actually, I suppose in a way I was.

I found my amazing tool, a storage shelf, at a garage sale. Who knew that two dollars (the asking price was five) could be such a good investment??

Three pull out drawers, four fully functioning wheels, and an end to my cluttered, unorganized scrapbooking, all for a toonie. What a deal.

Of course, it was difficult to get home. Wedged in the backseat of a tiny Pontiac....with a carseat.....and an uncomfortable boyfriend. Priorities.

But, it made the trip, and it was worth it.

Organization is key to scrapbooking. If you spend twenty minutes gathering supplies and moving things around, you lose those precious minutes of crop time!

This garage-sale-find lets me keep my papers, stamps, adhesives, photos, everything right at my finger-tips; every spare minute can now be utilized. Perfect.

Hobbies are meant to be done in your spare time, which is when? Usually at night, when the kids are in bed, or you've finally finished your homework, or you're exhausted from whatever keeps you busy during the daytime. You don't have the time or the energy for anything that seems difficult.

For the sake of those photos you have crammed in envelopes or shoeboxes in closets all over the house, get organized! Enjoy your spare time! Put your memories in their best light!

All it takes is a toonie.

No comments: