Thursday, April 03, 2008

Older and wiser...

There's been a bit of a gap in the posts here, sorry about that. Busy week.

I celebrated my 25th birthday on Monday! A quarter of a century.... sounds soooo old, but so far, I really like 25. I think it will be a good year.

I took the day off work and Brad and I went into Calgary and spent the day shopping, touring around, and just having fun. We also met my grandparents for a birthday lunch, which was great.

Sounds really simple, but it was nice to do things that we never seem to have the time to do.

Sipping a french vanilla cappuccino and browsing through stores at my leisure? A discount at a great local scrapbooking store? A 50% off coupon for Micheals? Birthday money to spend? A Chapters gift certificate? A DQ Oreo Blizzzard? Plus, I got to spend time with some of the people I love most.

Very good day indeed.

Plus, I celebrated again last night and went out for supper and a delicious dessert with a few girlfriends. So fun! I have had a good birthday week, and it continues with a potluck tonight and another supper with friends tomorrow night. What a busy, fun week.

The best part of birthdays is all of the little messages you get from people. Phone calls, emails, facebook wishes, birthday cards... it's really nice to know that people are out there who care that you have a good day. Each one is a little happy spot in the day.

So thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday week so great!

Now, I MUST get some scrapping done!

Ciao.

3 comments:

Janine Wahl said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! 25 is a nice little milestone! Hope you had a great day!

Lisamariemlt said...

hey there girlie girl
belated happy birthday
glad to hear your week was soooo good
hope the coming year is full of all the dreams you desire and wonderful health and happiness
and somewhere in there
lots of time to scrap
hugs
Lisa

Trisha Ladouceur said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kelly! Sounds like it was a GREAT one!!!