Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long Weekend with my Hubby!

Some of you know that my hubby had to go away and teach a course in Winnipeg for a month (hence all of the house painting, yard work, and general keep busy projects I've been doing lately). I finally got to pick him up at the airport Friday night, but in the meantime, I had to keep myself busy during the day. Unfortunately, I had the day off, which just made the time pass slower.

I visited a friend, did some shopping, read a book, tidied the house, talked on the phone... and then it was only 4 and I had to wait until 11:15 to pick him up.... so, preggo that I am, I decided I was hungry and craving sushi (don't panic, I don't do the fishy sushi or anything raw, just veggies). So I headed out to find a sushi spot near our house. An hour and a half later, no sushi, but still a craving, so I went to Safeway and bought everything I needed to make it.



That's determination! I'd never actually made sushi before, but it turned out well and was pretty easy to make. I used cucumbers, carrots, and sweet potatoes in mine. mmmm.... I will definitely make my own sushi again. Much easier than driving around aimlessly.

Luckily, I kept myself busy until it was time to pick him up and we had the rest of the long weekend to spend together!

And now a layout to continue with the food topic....



Our first meal in Italy, complete with a fantastic bottle of house wine (for 3 Euros). Even cheap wine is good in Italy!

And a layout of Brad and I in Nice, France:



Hope you all had a good long weekend!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey Kel! It was great visiting with you on Friday. It's too bad I had to run or you could have stayed all afternoon! Glad to hear you had a great w/e and the sushi looked yummy! I bet your hubby was happy to be home! See you soon!

P.S. thanks for the stamps!