Friday, October 16, 2009

A Change of Pace

Thought I'd change things up a bit, today. Seems Gracie has taken over my blog as of late, so I'm going to take a little break from baby updates today to share a few pictures of a project and a new recipe that I like.

In August, we went to an Eskimos vs. Stamps CFL game here in Edmonton with my family. It was a fantastic game and we had a great time, so I made a little mini album with some of the pictures. Thought I'd share it, quick.








This was all made in September, B.G. (Before Gracie), and most of it was made during a meet up with a friend. It's quite simple, but I like it.

Now, the recipe.

I tried a new recipe last night and it's really good, super easy, and fairly healthy, so I thought I'd share it. It's Butternut Squash and Pecan Soup and it's from Rachel Ray's magazine, originally. I changed it a little, because I am not good at following recipes, but here's my take on it.

Ingredients:
2 butternut squash, chopped (4.5 pounds)
or two bags of chopped butternut squash from Costco :)
3 tbsp. margarine
1/2 onion chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. chili powder
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups skim milk

Cook the squash, celery, and onion over low heat until soft. Add everything else and bring to a boil. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth. Enjoy! Serves 8.

No comments: