Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Gracie's 2 Month Shots

Shots

Poor Gracie got her first shots yesterday. Three shots, all in the thigh muscle. Ouch! She was pretty good about it, though. She cried a little when she got them, but then was good right after. A few hours later, she got a little fussy. Not bad, just wanted to be held.

Oh, all right. I'll cuddle the adorable little baby girl nuzzling into my neck.

Growing Like a Weed

She got weighed while we were at the clinic, too and she's grown again! She's gained 3 inches in length since she was born and she's 12 pounds, 1 ounce, now. She's just about exactly on the 50th percentile for girls her age in height, weight and head circumference.

Guilt Trips for New Moms

The only thing I hate about the clinics is that they are so pushy. New mom's must breastfeed. Easy for me, because I am, right? Somehow, it isn't that simple - they made me feel guilty about a bottle of formula they gave Gracie in the hospital.... What?? How do mom's get through this gauntlet if they choose not to breastfeed?

And postpartum depression is a serious concern, but sometimes new mom's really are happy and healthy... Yikes. I don't know how to act in there. Too smiley and they think you're faking, no smile and they think you're a danger to yourself and your baby.

Scrapbooking Release

Before we left for the clinic, I did a little more scrapbooking. I have had this package of felt shapes for at least a year and had no idea how I was ever going to use them. Now, thanks to Gracie and her brightly coloured mats and toys, I can actually use some of it... and it's kind of cute. Of course, it's still bright, so I just used a picture, black cardstock, an assortment of felt pieces and a white pen for this layout.





Compare the teeny tiny baby in this photo with this little 80's girl in legwarmers:







No comments: