Sunday, December 02, 2007

Scrapbooking 'event' photos

It's sooo beautiful out here!

When it dips below -30 C, it is just not for me. I guess I live in the wrong place, but usually, it's like today: warm and snowy. The white stuff is falling now, by the bucket load, so hopefully, that means it's warming up and I can peel off all the extra layers and get some tobogganning, skiing, and snow shoeing in this weekend.

Luckily, the snowy night gives me ample reason to stay inside and get some scrapbooking done!

Here are a few layouts I've finished lately.



My best friend, Sam and my hubby, Brad.



A look at the journaling tag I tucked behind the photo.


A silly layout about Brad and I. Sometimes I wonder why we get invited to weddings.... we always seem to bring 'the canoe' :)

These pictures were all taken at a friend's wedding. It seems that there are a lot of them lately. I never really know how to scrapbook the random pictures that come from events like this. It's a chance to see so many people that you haven't seen in awhile, so you end up with tons of people shots.

I usually like to make the layouts about the people in the photos rather than the events, otherwise, I have ten pages of people sitting at a table, with some journaling about the wedding. I'm a writer, and I still think that it's a stretch to have that much journaling about someone else's wedding...

Try not to forget entirely the reason that brought you all together....I either note the event on the layout somewhere or include them chronologically in an album interspersed between the 'traditional' wedding layouts.



This layout includes a shot of the bride and groom and a few extra 'table shots' which I didn't want to feature by themselves.





Just a closer look at the individual pages.

No comments: