Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scrappy Work

Summer is always so busy. All of my posts have said as much, but I feel like I may be catching up and slowing down a little. Cross your fingers.

Here's a little something I was playing with a while ago: creating photo boxes.

Sometimes, it's nice to have something nicer than a Costco envelope to bring out when people want to see your pictures before they're scrapped, which makes these little boxes great. I usually take more pictures than I can use, so I like to have something to store the extra photos, ticket stubs, and so forth that I gather.

I made a photo box for two friends who were getting married and one for myself for our Europe travel pictures. I figured these were both occasions where you would have lots of photos and keepsakes.

I got two of these boxes from Micheals for a buck a piece. To be honest, they're kinda cute recipe boxes even before you decorate them, but I wanted to make them a little more fitting for special occasion photos.



The first is the one I made for the newlyweds.



This is the one I made for our travel pictures. I'm really loving the new Bo Bunny stuff. Everything they come out with, from rub-ons to stickers to their newer paper lines are really fun. I used their rub-ons and stickers on this.





Hopefully, I get some more scrappin' time in this week while it's rainy. Hope you all are getting some crafty time for yourselves.

No comments: