Monday, November 29, 2010

What I've Been Reading

I haven't posted on what I've been reading since July, I believe, so the list is long.....

These are the books that I can remember reading lately. It's been a cold fall/winter, so it's a long list :)


Really good, and it was kind of a science fiction novel, which isn't like me.... Only problem, it was over 700 pages and I'm quite sure I'll need to read about 12 more sequels to get to the end of the story.



This is one of the only pieces of non-fiction I've read lately. I liked Sue Monk Kidd's novel, The Secret Life of Bees and this story of her and her daughter is interesting, but not one of my favourites.

The Stieg Larsson trilogy:





The first one was pretty violent, but I thought they were a great read! Unique and definitely page turners.


Janet Evanovich always writes a good, funny book. They're turning the first one into a movie with Katherine Heigl and Sherri Shepherd, should be good.


A new one from Jeffrey Deaver featuring one of my favourite serial characters, Lincoln Rhyme. Remember him from the movie, The Bone Collector? (Played by Denzel Washington)


a great book. Who knew life as a Carney was so interesting?


This is the third book of Joshilyn Jackson's I've read this year. I like her style, it's a little gritty, but captivating.


Wow. Deep, disturbing, and very unique.


Wally Lamb is a fantastic author, but this felt like an anticlimatic ending. I read hundreds of pages and then it was just over....

My Book Club books:

I've got to say, these haven't been favourites, but it's interesting to read books that I wouldn't choose myself. I like meeting, but I hope we get some better material this month.



A story of life in Northern Canada and the staff of a radio station. Interesting imagery, but not the best story.


A story of sisters who lived different lives. It was interesting because the book was narrated by both sisters, so each chapter was a different take on the story.


Probably my favourite book club book so far. It's a story about what would have been. Basically, after the first chapter, the book splits and offers two options for the protagonist's life after her friend's birthday. I liked the ending, because it merged her life back together so you can decide which path she chose....


A strange murder mystery set in Quebec. Key word, strange.

If you've read any of these, I'd love to know what you thought...

No comments: