Monday, February 11, 2008

new layouts and things happening

I have a few new layouts to post, but before I do, I must tell you about the great, week-long Valentine crop going on at Concealed Beauty this week. There are daily challenges, prizes, games, inspiring layouts and much more. What a great way to spend Valentines week!! If you stop by the forum, make sure to say hi and check out the great kits and items in the store.
Stop by to check it out at www.concealedbeauty.com

Also, there's a great Canadian kit company called Just Cre8 which has phenomenal kits and amazing people.
They are also sponsoring the Scrapbook Savvy Mountain Retreat!! You can look forward to an awesome door prize from them if you're attending. Stop in and check out their great forum and take a peak in the store to peruse all the great goodies Sue has in stock.

Now, on to some layouts...

Here's a dedication layout I did about my brother Curtis, and his wife Brandi:




I had these two really great photos of them from a hiking trip my family went on and needed a good use for them, so I thought this would be perfect.

Notice the Kaiser pearls?? Lovin' them right now.

Also, another photo from the same hiking trip of my dog, Bailey.

'Still' doesn't really describe a two year old Airedale Terrier so you'll appreciate the sentiment if you have a puppy.



I was playing a lot with this one. I hand drew the ripples around the picture and pierced some holes to highlight them, sort of like bubbles....possibly in my mind only : )

I also stitched some grass in the corner.



Just mixing things up a bit....did you all know that I won a trophy for sewing when I was in grade school?? And this is how I use my sewing machine now : )

Toot toot.... that's me tooting my own horn.

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Glenn said...

I love the grass sewn onto the last layout. Fantastic! M