Friday, April 09, 2010

Layouts

It's been awhile since I posted anything scrapbook related again. Here are some of my more recent layouts.

I've really been having fun. When I get a chance to play, I make it worthwhile.

These two were inspired by the stickers. I kid you not, I had some stickers that I wanted to use, in this case the title, and in the next, the flowers, that were a peachy colour. I had to hunt for some paper to match and then some photos with a bit of peach instead of pink in them....



The funny thing about this layout? I printed the pictures and then my mom came up and stole one for herself. I reprinted the one that she took and when I saw her the next time, she stole it again! It actually turns out that she didn't steal the identical one, but she obviously likes these shots of her.

These papers are from Pebbles (which is also where the flowers are from- guess I didn't have to hunt too hard). They also have started making their border strips scrappable. Such a good idea! You can see the green and beige strips in this one, from the two different pieces of paper I had.



This one is my favourite that I've done in awhile. First, the pictures are so cute. Gracie and I had a little photo shoot and she was so busy playing with her toes and blowing raspberries, that's really the only pose I got, but she's so expressive, I couldn't decide which one I liked the best. Ahh, why not use them all? I only have 7,000 photos of her, best to keep a few more!



Second, I love this blossom paper from Pink Paislee, but had troubles putting pictures over it. I didn't want to cover the paper, because it's so great. So, I cut out some branches and used them as borders. I fussy cut out some of the individual blossoms to lay over top and raise, to give the layout a 3-D look.



Then, I found a hero arts stamp that I hadn't ever used that perfectly matched the blossoms on the paper and stamped my title letters with black ink. I stacked some of them on top of each other to keep up with the dimensional look. I love how it turned out.

1 comment:

Tash said...

Kelly, I love your Toes and Raspberries page. I am wondering if you would be opposed to letting me post this as a challenge?

I host a challenge on the Weddingbells Forum and I am always on the lookout for interesting layouts and found yours.

Please let me know. Thanks
Natasha - mckenzienatasha@hotmail.com