Sunday, May 25, 2008

Home again and cool video

We just got home from a great weekend of visiting, shopping, water slides, good food and good movies.... and no, we did not go camping. Lucky us, because it rained all week long! I don't melt in the rain, but that would not have been fun.

So, instead, the campers (my mom and dad, and brother and his wife, and Brad and I) went to Foremost to visit my sister-in-law's parents and had a great little visit and then we headed into Lethbridge for some shopping and a movie with my in-laws. Quite nice. I have some great action shots on the waterslide at the hotel I'll have to show you all.

Most of our group went and saw the new Indiana Jones, but I went to Made of Honour with a few others..... I know, I know, Indy was supposed to be so great, but honestly, most of the people that went weren't too impressed, so I was okay hangin' out with McDreamy for a few hours. It was pretty good, just a light movie: cute and funny.

I love getting together with family and visiting. We're all so close and get along so well, it's just rare that we're all together. Very nice.

Then, when I got home, I saw a piece of the American Country Music Awards. Wow! I really like Taylor Swift. Great singer, seems really down to earth and fun, plus she writes all her own stuff and she's so young. Then I saw her perform. Probably one of the coolest performances at an awards show, ever. Course, I don't watch many award shows truth be told, but I loved this. It's not real long, but you should watch it all.



Does that not make you want to be a singer? I'm trying to think of a way that I could incorporate that little routine into my work.... somehow, I don't think it's gonna happen :)

Maybe at the next retreat, we can have rain pouring from the ceiling to dance in.... something to think about.

No comments: