Friday, May 09, 2008

Wow, it's been eventful around here!

Hope you're all well and not covered in snow as we are here in the mountains!

We had power outages all night at home and all morning at work because we got tons of heavy, wet snow.

It's amazing how helpless everyone turns without power. No computers, no email, no work, basically.... we're reading and taking notes with a pen and paper? What?!

Oh well, powers back on and things are running smoothly, aside from the thundering 'mini avalanches' sliding off my roof.

So, "where have you been?" you may be wondering...

After the retreat, I switched into a new position at work. I'm now working on a new project writing text on Banff's culture and creating a website for the National Historic Sites in Alberta and BC. A very cool job, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten to dig into it much yet. I've been training my replacement, helping out all the new staff (because for some reason EVERYONE is changing positions) and generally rearranging chairs on the Titanic. Ha! Well, now that that's over, I can relax and enjoy my new job.

And, because my motto is never really work, work, work, I took a trip down to Great Falls with a bunch of girlfriends last weekend. Our second annual girls weekend in the States. We had so much fun! Seriously... cheap shopping? great friends? good food? What could be better?

We had tons of laughs and I literally had to buy a tupperware tub to get my purchases home in.... blush....

A highlight? Getting ID'd when buying a video game for my husband!! I'd even mentioned quite a few times about how I was looking for something for my hubby.... I don't know how old he thought we needed to be to get married up in Canada. Oh well, it was kind of nice to be asked if I was 17!!! If you're interested, I just switched to Loreal face cream and it's apparently working wonders :)

Okay, well, more to come this weekend... I have all kinds of updates and neat things to show you all, so check back in.

For now, I'll leave you with some photos of the beautiful ladies at the retreat compliments of Rose.









No comments: