Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Using things around the house

I just spent a fantastic weekend with my mom. She came up here to visit and I put her to work! We painted our master bedroom (with some reluctant help from hubby) a really pretty baby blue, which looks so good with our dark brown bedding. It actually went so fast that we had an entire day to scrapbook, which was fantastic, plus time to shop, play board games, watch a movie, go out for supper, and just hang out. The weekend went way to fast!

So, while we were scrapping, I saw a tape runner that I thought I could use to really distress the papers on my layout.



I used the serrated edge and just dragged it around the papers to rough them up a bit and then inked over them with walnut distress ink. I really like the looks of it. See what you think.



Kinda fun. Even better, my mom got six layouts done in one day!! Can you believe it? Plus, they're fantastic. So glad she has taken up scrapbooking. Just another fun thing we can do together.

I'm going to try and touch up this layout and then I'll show you the finished product. In the meantime, see what you have lying around the house that could be used in a scrappy way. I'd love to hear your tips.

No comments: