Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Last Wedding of the Summer

We just got back from our last wedding of the summer! Such a great summer full of weddings, friends and family. One of my best friends from childhood got married Saturday and it was a full blown western extravaganza. They arrived in an old fashioned stagecoach pulled by horses and her dress was all lace and pearls... just beautiful.

We got to see a lot of friends that we hadn't seen in a long time (some of whom were quite surprised to see my 38 week pregnant belly) and had a great time visiting. Plus, we got to spend some time with the family which is always good.

We got home yesterday and Brad and I spent the evening being lazy. We rented a movie and I did a little scrapbooking. It was great.

We watched 'New in Town' which isn't all that great, but if you're a scrapbooker, it's funny to watch the small town, Minnesota scrapbookers in the movie. Makes you wonder if you would fit in with them.... bad haircuts, no fashion sense, gossipy, and love to snack. Plus, every gift they give is homemade. It was a bit of a humorous look at my future....

And, I will continue to work towards that future. Here is another two page layout of our time in Dubrovnik.



Plus, a close up of the grunge board I used throughout the layout (the hinge shown here, as well as another hinge, a swirl, and a solid bar used throughout the two page layout) and the new glimmer mist colour I got (the coppery brown I used on the hinge). Fun stuff.



Also, if anyone wants tickets to the AC/DC concert this Wednesday in Edmonton, let me know. My cousin has two floor tickets to sell.

No comments: