Monday, July 30, 2012

Treasured Memories August Projects

This month, I got a kit of papers from Sassafrass Lass, and some Studio Calico alphas and cute paper clips. I also got some lovely pale blue lace and ombre yellow rafia. Fun stuff!!

I decided to finally scrapbook my beloved swinging pictures. These are some of my favourite pictures ever, so I had fun with this project.


I really liked the papers. Loved this woodgrain pattern that I used for the frame. 


Isn't that lace beautiful?? 


If you want to make your own pinwheels, like I did, simply cut or punch a square of paper, and then make a small snip in at all four corners, heading for the centre (but be careful you don't cut too far!!) This will make four triangle shapes on your square. Then fold one edge of each triangle into the centre and secure with a brad or button.


The butterflies are fussy-cut from some of the Sassafrass paper. 


Aren't those paperclips nice? I love the little flags. They almost feel like material. 
                                                   ------------------------------------------
 I also made a cute little card.  The tag on the front is actually a Pebbles tag, and the one inside is from the Echo Park patterned paper from my last kit.



To make this rosette, I cut a little strip of tulle and sprayed it with glimmer mist about halfway. Then I just twisted it into a rope and twirled it into a flower shape, securing it with double sided tape when it was all done. 
I used one of the paper clips as a leaf, too. See it??


I really liked this little journaling block from the Echo Park paper. Makes me want to pick flowers in an old-fashioned bike, even though in my world bikes are for riding downhill in the mountains.... Plus, a nice sentiment. Enjoy the Ride! Think I will. 

No comments: