Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Sign

Just thought I'd show you a new sign I made for the house.

I wanted to rearrange my photo wall and since I have so many travel photos up, I wanted a quote about travelling.

I found a great tutorial on pinterest for making canvases look like weathered wood, so I thought I'd give it a try.

This is what I came up with:






And here is the new photo wall:


Sorry about the awkward angle, I still have some decorations up (yes... I do) and I had to take it around them :)

How I did it:
Pretty simple. I covered the canvas in old pieces of newspaper and mod podged them on. I let it dry, painted it black (let it dry) and then sanded down the edges and the surface to rough it up a bit. I added some distress ink to the rough bits, and added my quote, which I cut with my cricut.
Done!

Hope you like it!

No comments: