Sunday, May 24, 2009

Just Cre8's Crop and the weekend

I've had another busy weekend, but a great one! We got to spend some time exploring our new city, and so far, I think we'll like it here.

We went out for great Thai food with some friends Friday night, then hit the Strathcona Farmer's Market and Whyte Avenue Saturday morning, and took the scenic route home, checking out new areas of the city. A great weekend!

In between our excursions, we did a bunch of yard work, tested out the new mower and weed whip and planted a bunch of flowers and some veggies. When I wasn't enjoying the sunshine, I squeezed in a bit of scrapbooking in answer to the challenges posted at the Just Cre8 crop. It's not too late to check them out if you're interested!

Here are a few of the layouts I created when I got too hot outside!

This was inspired by a white necklace with a circle pattern on it:



A close up of the embossed circles I stamped on the background paper after seeing the necklace:



Brad is sort of picking up the crafty terminology. While I was heating the powder, he asked if I was embalming my layout... almost there, Brad....

And this was a challenge to create a layout without using any patterned paper:



Both of these layouts are images of Turkey.

No comments: