Thursday, May 21, 2009

Still Busy

We got so much done over the long weekend, it was great!

We shopped around for a BBQ, lawnmower and weed whip, spending tons of time in Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, everywhere we could think of (a plus for city-livin'). And finally picked up everything we needed. Brad put them all together, hooked everything up, and charged all of the batteries, so we're ready to go. We even had out first steak on the new BBQ!

Since we woke up to snow Tuesday, there will be no testing of the new lawn tools for awhile, but when it gets nice again, we'll be ready.

We watched the movie, Taken, which we started watching three months ago, and could finally see the end of. Pretty intense movie. Cleaned up the house, did tons of laundry, planted a few flowers and transplanted a few house plants, and just enjoyed some down time together. Quite nice!

And, Brad got to feel Saskatoon kick for the first time! It makes it so much more real when you have a constant reminder of what's going on, and this baby is active! Kicks, head butts, elbows, I'm getting them all and all over. This is definitely Brad's baby: super active and full of energy, just like her dad.

This weekend, we have a few things planned and will be sticking around home again, so I'll be heading over to Just Cre8 for their Happy Be Scrappy Online Crop! I've been around for their last two crops, and they were great! Great people, challenges, contests, and prizes, plus a fantastic stop for inspiration. Hopefully, I'll make a dent in my Europe pictures.

Here are a few more:

I decided to make my initial sunset page into a two pager because I loved the photos so much, so I created a second page to match the first.



Unfortunately, I couldn't find all of the same papers I'd used, but I think it turned out all right.



This was part of a scrap tag challenge on Just Cre8. It's a neat game where you start with one layout and send it to the first person on the list, they take some kind of inspiration from it, and then pass their layout on. This is my take. If you're on the site this weekend, you can see the whole progression (it's kindof like telephone, the last layout looks nothing like the first).

No comments: