Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 16-Candy Cane Lane

I need to post which day these are for on the post, because I can't keep my days straight anymore.

We ventured out to Candy Cane Lane last night, which was fun, but Maizie's house is hands down, the big winner. Even though there were 8 blocks of houses decorated, Maizie's probably had more decorations jammed onto one yard. I like excess...

Here are some photos of our walk:



Is this sac religious?? The camel had a saddle....


and the sheep... well, I have no defence for the sheep....


This tree had to be forty feet tall, and was decorated so well, even though the picture doesn't really show it.


And this one was little, but beautiful! It looked like it was all made of ice. 

Gracie also mastered the BIG slide at strollersize. She's been a little too afraid to try this slide, and it's been months of looking at it, and slowly making her way up three steps, before  turning around and finding somewhere else to play. I'll admit it made me nervous, too. It's at the end of an obstacle course, so I can't help her, and it's about 5 feet up, which she has to climb, and then the same distance down (and it's not a gradual drop).

Yesterday, she did it!!

Her new friend Cadence was making the climb and Gracie kind of looked at her like, "Huh, if she can do it, I can do it." and she was off.


She went up and down about 8 times before I told her we had to go.

Fear vanquished!

These two girls were so cute. While we stretched, after class, they sat together on my mat and shared their snacks, pooling together to make a little picnic. Then, they played follow the leader (guess who was the leader) and jumped and played Ring around the Rosy in the jumpy castle together.

Gracie slept like a dream yesterday with the amount of giggling and running these two were doing. Merry Christmas to me!


No comments: