Monday, April 27, 2009

Mother Nature....what's wrong?

Spring... winter... spring... winter.... spring??

Hopefully, it's here to stay, but I still see negative temperatures in the forecast this week. What's wrong with Edmonton? At least in Lake Louise I could count on 10 months of winter. I didn't like it, but I knew how to dress. Here, I have no idea what season it is, even on a hourly basis! Right now, there are blue skies and the sun is shining so let's hope it stays that way.

Luckily, I spent most of my time indoors this weekend. I finished my taxes and my GST and I painted my bathroom. (Remind me not to paint any of the other bathrooms in the house. Just leave them be. Painting behind toilets and through cabinets and around moulding and caulking.... phew. It took me a long time.) Anyway, finished that up. And, because I was having so much fun, I decided to paint a feature spot on my kitchen wall. Will let you know how it turns out.... I'll just have to find a hammer so I can hang photos and it will be done. A few jobs checked off my list, anyway.

Sunday, I ran some errands and got a baby gift for a shower I'm going to this weekend, got some more clothes that fit (yes, the belly is growing), and found a few other little treats along the way.

Here are some more layouts that I've been working on. I have really been enjoying the organization I've got going on with my Europe photos. I spend an hour one night picking out papers that go with pictures and then I can grab a page layout 'kit' and go, without having to sort through the stacks of paper each time.

This is a volcano we toured off the coast of Santorini in Greece. I love the flowers on this layout. They're cut from an old Scenic Route paper that I really like.







Circus Maximus, in Rome, where they used to hold the chariot races. Because you have to use your imagination a lot with this site, I included lots of text. I thought it was still a very cool place to see.



And the Coloseum, in Rome, as well. I used a few birthday presents on this. Brad picked out the coloseum sticker I used on this and the tag was one of the ones from my parents. Good taste, shoppers!



Just four more inches left in the stack of Europe photos... (okay, maybe not four, but there are lots of photos from this trip).

No comments: