Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cookies, Plums and Saskatoon

A few of you asked for my Chewy Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Recipe, so I thought I'd post it here. Hope you like it as much as I did!

The Quick Instructions:

Beat 2/3 cup melted butter with 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar, 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp. hot water, and 2 Tbsp. vanilla; mix well.

Stir in 2 2/3 cups of flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, and 1/4 tsp. salt.

Stir in 1 cup of white chocolate chips, 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, and 1 cup of coarsely chopped hazelnuts.

Drop from a spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

I fished a few out of the cookie jar to show you what the finished product looks like. Unfortunately, there's not many left, and these have been at the bottom of the cookie jar so they're a bit scrushed, but they still taste good.



I substituted some of the chips for these swirl chips that I had on hand. If you're wondering where to get them, they're some of the Decadent chips from Superstore.

Some pictures of a few of our plums:



How did I not know these were plums? Well, I never looked real close, and they were teeny and red like crab apples at first.... plus, the tree bloomed like a crab apple tree. Oh well, they taste good.

Saskatoon Watch - Day 4:

I'm considering climbing over our back fence to jump on the neighbour's trampoline.... Maybe I can jump this baby out.

No comments: