Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baby Album Pics

I've received some emails requesting ideas for mini albums. This is a baby album I made a little over a year ago for my niece and it always makes me happy because I had so much fun making it for her.

It's chalk full of goodies from a number of companies, but the base is a Maya Road mini album, Kaisercraft patterned paper, Moxxie rub-ons, and Core'dinations cardstock. Some of the other companies featured arePrima, Making Memories, Basic Grey, Bazzill, American Crafts, and We R Memory Keepers.




Simply run a piece of cardstock through your paper crimper for a more dimensional look.




Feel free to doodle as I did on this pocket. Just grab a pen and add a simple border like I did here or a cute flourish. Don't be intimidated, I'm sure you had notebooks full of doodles in junior high, so we know you've got experience!




Make your own photo corners so the recipient knows where to place photos. This also gives you a bit of layering above the photos, which is hard to achieve when your not adding the photos as well. Another way to do this is to glue ribbon borders behind the photo mat and leave it un-adhered in the front. This way, they can slide their photo underneath.





Leave a standard border around the outside of your pages to minimize on rough edges. The chipboard on most albums is quite nice and adds an interesting texture to projects. I like the rough chipboard paired with these feminine colours.



Pockets are a great way to add extra journaling or photos to your mini albums without adding much bulk.



Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: