Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Canvas Mini Album, Part 2

Here we go again. A few more photos of the Dominican Republic Mini Album. 

If you're wondering how I found rings big enough to hold all of these pages, I actually bought a pair of thin bracelets at Micheals on sale, because I couldn't find anything big enough and the ribbons it came with were too flimsy to hold all of the different pages together.

Some people see jewellery and get excited to wear it, I see it and think, "I could use that in a project!"



For this page, I sprayed the chipboard page brown, using glimmer mist, then stamped a background stamp using a cream coloured acrylic paint on top. Then I added my embellishments. 


The tag is made with glimmer mists and distress inks and the flowers are made out of cupcake liners, sprayed blue with glimmer mist.






I made this whole album using about 8 pieces of paper. 
I used 4 sheets of the same, double-sided paper from Creative Imaginations as my staple. You can see it in the background here.


This polka dot patterned kraft paper is from Jillibean Soup. These two papers along with a few sheets of corrugated paper (also from Creative Imaginations), and some chocolate brown cardstock were the only papers I used.

Even the ruffle along the bottom of the 'just us' page is the same paper from CI. I dampened it slightly and then pleated and crumpled to get the ruffly look I wanted.


On top of the papers, I used a lot of embellishments. 

I used alphas from Cosmo Cricket and Jillibean Soup, stickers from Creative Imaginations and Simple Stories, tags from 7 Gypsies, flowers and swirls from Prima (and the album), Bazzill chipboard pages, some grungeboard by Tim Holtz, some scrap pattern tissue paper I stole from my mom (thanks), fabric, tulle and ribbon scraps, and lots of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Rangers Distress Ink to name just a few of the extras I used.

Hope you enjoyed!