Sunday, March 18, 2012

Things to do in Edmonton

I've been getting out and experiencing some of the perks of living in a city, this year, and thought I'd share some of the things I've been up to.

-My mom and I went to see Jann Arden play at the Jubilee a few weeks ago, and I haven't shared the pictures or even mentioned it, yet. I'm behind....

Here are some pictures of Miss Arden:





 And her with her opening act, Keith and Renee, which was also pretty awesome.
They sang together and it gave me goosebumps!



Her band was pretty amazing, too. They each did a little solo to showcase their skills and any one of them would have been good to see alone, they were so talented.

It was a great show! She has such a voice and she's funny, too. It was like going to a concert and a comedian, all in one night. I'd highly recommend seeing her live, if you ever get the chance.

-Yesterday, I went with my friend to see Artist's Emerge, which is a Hip Hop competition. It was very cool, and I was impressed with the kids that danced in it. Kind of made me feel like I didn't really learn to dance when I was younger, even though I took about 8 years of lessons....

There was a 10 year old wonder who danced with the 18 year olds and was a hard-hitting, super street dance phenom, plus most of the kids danced in numerous routines, with different groups and remembered all of the routines (which I think would be the hardest part, now that I'm getting older...).

The best part were the Pro Dance Crews. They blew me out of the water. A few had been on So You Think You Can Dance, and Canada's Choreographer of the Year was there with some kids and he danced. Whoa! He looked like an alien half the time because no body should be able to do that!

-Last weekend, I went with another friend and checked out a bakery downtown called Duchess. It was very elegant, with white everywhere, except for a gold, tin ceiling ( I don't know what you call it, but it was pretty) and gold chandeliers. Classy joint. They even made a little heart on the top of our lattes with milk.

-I also went to see Beauty and the Beast, Wicked and Romeo and Juliet at the Jubilee, in the last six months or so. They were all great. I'd highly recommend them.

No comments: