Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Glitz Designs

I love this layout! 

The pictures are of Gracie at the farm, feeding the cows. She loves the cattle at my parent's farm. She's perfected her cattle call, which would make her at least a third generation cattle caller, probably a fifth generation, but I can only speak for the cattle callers I've heard. 

I made it in response to the March 2012 Blog Challenge at Glitz Designs to use book/text paper on a layout. The two background pages are covered in text, but it's a little hard to see, I have a close-up below where you can see more. 


I've been waiting to use these Glitz papers for a project and everything seemed to fit for this one. I like how the yellow, blue and brown really make her red toque pop.


I made the flower centres by twirling twine into a circle and then glueing it down. 


I LOVE the look of burlap on scrapbooking pages. It adds so much dimension, and is perfect for a 'rougher' look.


You can see the text above, on the white/grey background, under the banner.


The banners were made by fastening half circles to twine and then adhering it to the page. I double looped the ends to create the look of ties at either end of the banner.


I used Glitz papers and stickers for this layout and I'm a huge fan of their products, especially the Vintage Blue and Dance in the Sunshine lines, which I used here. Their new CHA Winter lines were awesome and I'm all ready looking forward to their summer releases.

Hope you enjoy. If you like my layout, go the Glitz Designs Blog and let them know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this layout. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

This is beautifully done. Love how the embellishments are beautiful and yet fit with the farm theme.

Lea L. said...

Wonderful two page layout!! Thanks for participating in the Glitz Design March blog challenge!! Hope to see you in April!